Ray Hegelbach (*1983) lives and works in Zürich. He obtained his Bachelor degree from the Department of Art and Design at the University of Lucerne in 2009. Five years later he moved to Oslo and received a Master from the Oslo National Academy of Fine Arts in May 2016. His works have been shown in numerous exhibitions including “Black Mountain – Interdisciplinary experiment 1933-1957” at the Hamburger Bahnhof in Berlin in 2015. He was honoured with the Adolf Dietrich-Prize of the River Thur Gaui’s Art Society and received a studio scholarship of the city of Zurich in 2012.
As a painter he not only investigates his medium by its own means, but also explores the context or framework in which most paintings are created and exhibited.SAA: What fosters art?
SAA: Who is supporting you?
– All animals, flowers and magic individuals, especially Tesseracts and Pflaumenbaum (with their being and doing)
– Other people (with their behavior, ideas and achievements)
– Studio companions (with sharing projects, their perspectives, borrowing tools and leisure time)
– Friends (with accurate and silly questions, providing their voice)
– Family (with unrestrained support, lending a car, helping with all kinds of big and small favors
Does financial support expand creativity?
Not expanding, but helping to realize actual ideas in a cultural, commercial and social society.
SAA: Must art be sellable?
Is there an alternative of being sellable?